Creating Tune Affiliate Program in Magento 2
In this article, you will learn how to create and configure the Tune Affiliate Program in the Magento 2 Affiliate Programs extension. Please, check the following step-by-step guide.
- Go to the “Plumrocket” tab in the main menu.
- Navigate to the “Affiliate Programs” tab > select “Manage Affiliate Programs“.
- Press on the “Add New Affiliate” button.
- From the list of the affiliate programs select “Tune“.
- Press the “Continue” button.
Configuring Tune Affiliate Program in Magento 2
After you created new Tune Affiliate Program , you need to configure it. Please, follow the steps below.
- Specify the “Name” of your Affiliate Program.
- The “Status” option allows you to enable or disable the Affiliate Program.
- In the “Store View” section you may select the store view(s) where your Magento 2 Affiliate Program will be executed.
- Navigate to the “Affiliate Script” tab.
- “Include Delivery Cost“: set to Yes if you want to include the delivery cost in the total amount.
- “Include Taxes“: set to Yes if you want to include taxes in the total amount.
- The “Execute Postback On” option allows you to specify the page(s) from the drop-down menu where you would like the Postback Script to be executed.
- Insert the Postback Script in the “Postback Script” field. To perform this action use one of the examples below. Note: you need to replace the goal_id value with the one provided by Tune Affiliate Network.
- The “Postback URL Parameters” tab allows you to configure the advanced Postback URL Parameters. Do not submit any changes here unless you are aware of what changes you need to be done.
- Once all changes have been performed, please, press on the Save button.
Testing Tune Affiliate Tracking Code in Magento 2
In order to test and check whether your Magento 2 Affiliate Program has been installed properly, please check the instructions below.
- Create a test order at your Magento 2 frontend. Note that you will need to add a GET parameter ?transaction_id=??? to your website link (where “xxx” is an ID provided to you by Tune Affiliate Network). Then proceed to the Order Success page.
- Using your browser’s Developer Tool (“F12” key on your keyboard) open the search bar (“Ctrl+F” keys on your keyboard) and look for the Postback Script which starts with http://tracking.your-domain.com .
- Your Postback Script will appear.
If you locate the Postback Script – this means that your Tune Affiliate Program has been set up correctly. Now log into your account at tune.com and verify that your transactions are being tracked correctly.