Managing Rakuten in Magento 2
In this article you will learn how to create and configure Rakuten Affiliate Program. Please, check the following step-by-step guide.
- Go to the “Plumrocket” tab in the main menu.
- Navigate to the “Affiliate Programs” tab > select “Manage Affiliate Programs“.
- Press on the “Add New Affiliate” button.
- From the list of the affiliate programs select “Rakuten“.
- Press the “Continue” button.
Configuring Rakuten Affiliate Program in Magento 2
After you created new Rakuten Affiliate Program , you need to configure it. Please, follow the steps below.
- Specify the “Name” of your Affiliate Program.
- The “Status” option allows you to enable or disable the Affiliate Program.
- In the “Store View” section you may select the store view(s) where your Magento 2 Affiliate Program will be executed.
- Navigate to the “Affiliate Script” tab.
- Specify “Merchant ID”, a static numeric constant provided to you by Rakuten Affiliate Network.
- “Use Cadence platform”: enable the use of the Cadence platform service offered by Rakuten Affiliate Network in order to be able to track user activity on your store.
- “Tracking Key”: enter the tracking key provided by the Rakuten Affiliate Network.
- After you made all changes, press the “Save” button.
Testing Rakuten Affiliate Program in Magento 2
In order to test and check whether your Magento 2 Affiliate Program has been installed properly, please check the instructions below.
- Create a test order at your Magento 2 frontend. Note that you will need to add a GET parameter ?siteID=??? to your website link (where “xxx” is the Merchant ID provided to you by Rakuten Affiliate Network). Then proceed to the Order Success page.
- Using your browser’s Developer Tool (“F12” key on your keyboard) open the search bar (“Ctrl+F” keys on your keyboard) and look for the Image Tag (Pixel) which contains https://track.linksynergy.com.
- Your Image Tag (Pixel) will appear.
If you locate the Conversion Tag (Pixel) – this means your Rakuten Affiliate Program has been set up successfully. Now, please, log into your account at rakutenadvertising.com and verify your transactions are being tracked correctly.