Managing Webgains Affiliate Network in Magento
In this article you will learn how to create and configure Webgains Marketing Network . Please follow the step-by step instructions below.
- In your Magento Backend please go to “Plumrocket” in the main menu.
- From the list of extensions select “Affiliate Programs”.
- Click on “Manage Affiliate Programs”.
- Press on “Add New Affiliate Program”.
- Select “Webgains”.
- Press “Continue” button.
Configuring Webgains Affiliate Marketing Network in Magento
Once you created the Webgains Affiliate Program in Magento, you will need to configure it. Please follow the step-by step instructions below.
- Name: allows you to indicate the name of your Affiliate Program.
- Status: allows to enable or disable your Affiliate Program.
- Store View: allows you to select the Storeview(s) where your Affiliate Program will be executed
- Click on “Affiliate Script” tab.
- Program ID: allows you to indicate your static program ID constant. This information must be provided by Webgains Affiliate Network.
- Event ID: lets you indicate the Event ID. This identifier must be provided by Webgains Affiliate Network.
- Pin Number: allows you to enter your Pin number. This information must be provided by WebGains.
- Press “Save” button to save your settings.
How to test if your Affiliate Program is installed properly? Please follow the instructions below.
Configuring Webgains Event ID for the Category
- In the main menu go to the “Catalog” tab > select “Categories”.
- Select the required category.
- Option “WebGains Event ID”: enter the ID provided by the Webgains Affiliate Network in order to track sales of all the products from this category independently.
Configuring WebGains Event ID for the Product
- In the main menu go to the “Catalog” tab > select “Products”.
- Select the required product.
- Option “WebGains Event ID”: enter the ID provided by the Webgains Affiliate Network in order to track each sale of this specific product.
Testing WebGains Affiliate Network in Magento
- Create a test order at your Magento frontend. Then proceed to Order Success Page.
- Using your browser’s Developer Tools (“F12” key on your keyboard) open search bar (“Ctrl+F” keys on your keyboard) and look for Image Tag which contains track.webgains.com.
- Your Image Tag will appear.
Once you locate the Image Tag – this means your Impact Webgains Affiliate Network has been set up correctly. Now login at www.webgains.com and verify that your transactions are being tracked correctly.