Creating Static Banner
In this article you will learn how to create Magento Static Banner in your Banner Pro Extension. Please, follow the guide below.
Before you proceed with Static Image Banner creating, please, make sure you have already created a a placeholder for this banner, as well as a campaign and a a banner group.
Follow these steps in order to create new Static Image Banner for your Magento Store.
- In the campaign tree, locate the banner group you have created.
- Go to “Banners” tab.
- Press on the “Add New Banner” button to create new banner.
Now you can create your custom static banner. Please, check the step-by-step guide below.
- “Name”: specify the name of a banner in this field, e.g. “Top Image Banner”.
- “Status”: option allows you to enable or disable a banner.
- “Banner Group”: field shows you the banner group this banner is assigned to.
- “Placeholder”: option allows you to set the location where the banner will be displayed at your store.
- In the “Show Only On Product Pages” field you may choose whether the banner will be displayed on the product pages only.
- Input the number in the “Priority” field. Note: The smaller the number – the higher is the priority. Banners with the highest priority will be displayed in banner sliders and static banners first.
- “Destination URL”: enter the url where the visitor will be redirected to after clicking on the banner.
- Select Image or HTML banner type in the “Banner Type” field.
- After you selected Image banner type, upload the image file of your banner.
- For SEO purposes you may specify the image title in the “Image Title” field.
- “Target”: field allows you to select which way the destination URL will be opened in (e.g. in a new window or tab).
- “Display Restrictions” field allows to set restrictions for a banner by pages. Specify rules to select the pages to display the banner on.
- Press on the “Save Banner” option to save all your settings configured for the “Top Image Banner”.
- This is an example of how your created static banner will be displayed on the Magento fronted.
Was this article helpful?