Configuring Custom Placement Banner
In this article you will learn how to create Custom Placement Banner in your Magento Banner Pro Extension.
Before you proceed with creating Custom Placement Banner, please, make sure you have already created a campaign and a banner group for this banner.
In order to create a custom placement banner, you need to create a specific type of a placeholder for you banner.
- In your Magento admin panel go to “Plumrocket” tab.
- Select “Manage Placeholders” section. In this tab press on the “Add New Placeholders” button.
- “Name”: specify the name of a placeholder.
- “Status”: option allows to enable or disable a placeholder.
- “Location”: option allows you to set the location of a placeholder. As an example we have set “Custom (for Developers)” location for the custom placement banner.
- “Type”: select “Static Banner” type for this banner.
- “Banner sort order:” specify the sort order banners will be displayed in this placeholder: “By Priority or “Random” .
- Save your placeholder by pressing on the “Save Placeholder”‘ button.
- Once you have saved the placeholder, you can create a banner within this tab. Go to “Banners” tab.
- Press on the “Add New Banner” button.
- “Name”: specify the name of a banner in this field.
- “Status”: option allows you to enable or disable the banner.
- “Banner Group”: field shows you the banner group this banner is assigned to.
- “Placeholder”: in this field you need to select the newly created placeholder. In our case it is a n “External Websites” placeholder which we have previously created.
- In the “Show Only On Product Pages” field you may choose whether the banner will be displayed on the product pages only.
- Input the number in the “Priority” field. Note: The smaller the number – the higher is the priority. Banners with the highest priority will be displayed in banner sliders and static banners first.
- “Destination URL”: enter the url where the visitor will be redirected to after clicking on the banner.
- Select Image or HTML banner type in the “Banner Type” field.
- After you selected “Image” banner type, upload an image file of your banner.
- For SEO purposes you may specify the alt tag andlink title in the “Image Title” field.
- “Target”: field allows you to select in which way the destination URL will be opened (e.g. in a new window or tab).
- “Display Restrictions” field allows to set restrictions for a banner by pages. Specify rules to select the pages to display the banner on.
- Press “Save Banner” to save your settings.
After you have created a banner, you need to go back to “Manage Placeholders” section -> select “External Website” placeholder.
- In this tab, select “Get Code” section.
- Select “Display Banners on Your Magento Store” tab.
- Copy the block code to add a placeholder on any CMS Page, Product or Category Page description, etc.
- Press “Save Placeholder” to save your changes.
As an example we will add our code to one of the CMS Pages.
- In your Magento Admin Panel go to “CMS” tab -> select “Pages” section.
- Select any CMS page you need to place the banner on. We have selected the “About us” page.
- Go to “Content” tab.
- Paste the code into the input field.
- Press “Save Page” to save your changes.
- This is how our custom placement banner will be displayed on Magento frontend.