In this article, you can learn how to configure the Magento 2 GDPR extension correctly. Please, follow the steps below to get it right.
In the main menu, go to the “Plumrocket” tab > select “Data Privacy” extension > navigate to the “Configuration” section > select GDPR.
- “Enable Extension”: this option allows you to enable or disable the GDPR extension.
- “Serial Key”: enter the unique serial key provided to you after purchasing the extension. Please, note: in most cases, this field will be pre-filled with a serial key automatically, and the green checkmark will be displayed. To find and paste your serial key manually, read the Serial Key Activation article.
Privacy Center Dashboard
- “Data Protection Officer Email“: since the GDPR requires organizations to appoint a Data Protection Officer, enter the officer’s email address within your company. You can provide multiple email addresses separated by commas.
- “Save Config“: press the button to save your configurations.
The GDPR extension integrates with other built-in Plumrocket extensions in order to ensure that your Magento 2 store is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation requirements. Please, read the information below to configure them correctly:
Please, follow the Data Privacy configuration instructions to configure the extension.
- Configure Consent Checkboxes and Locations to require visitors’ consent.
- Manage Data Removal Requests, Downloads Log, Consent Log, and more.
Please, follow the Cookie Consent configuration instructions to configure the extension correctly.
- Cookie Consent extension allows you to get customer consent prior to any collection or processing of personal data.
- Display cookie banner and request customer cookie consent. Fully customize the appearance of Cookie Consent Notice.
- Customize cookie settings, categories, and have full control over managing and blocking cookies.
Please, follow the GeoIP Lookup configuration instructions to configure the extension correctly.
- Merchants who work with international customers will definitely benefit from GeoIP’s restrictions in the GDPR extension.
- With GeoIP, you can personalize content for visitors from specific countries. For instance, display Cookie Consent Notice and Consent Checkboxes only to users from European Union and disable them for the rest of the world.