Once in a while there will be new versions of the Magento Popup Login extension available for download. In order to download the updated version of the extension, please follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Before you proceed with extension installation – you need to make sure that Compilation is disabled in your Magento. Please follow the steps outlined in this Wiki article to disable Compilation. Note: You don’t have to make this step if Compilation is permanently disabled in your Magento.
- If you were doing custom changes to Popup Login extension – you will need to backup the edited files before making the update, otherwise these changes will be overwritten.
Furthermore, it is recommended that you backup the folders with the files you’ve modified, or move them to the folder with your theme. Please check the cases below.
For Default Magento Community Edition backup the following files and folders:
/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/popuplogin/* /skin/frontend/base/default/css/plumrocket/popuplogin/popup.css /skin/frontend/base/default/images/plumrocket/popuplogin/* /skin/frontend/base/default/js/plumrocket/popuplogin/popup.js
For Magento RWD Theme backup the following files and folders:
/app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/popuplogin/* /skin/frontend/rwd/default/css/plumrocket/popuplogin/popup.css /skin/frontend/rwd/default/images/plumrocket/popuplogin/* /skin/frontend/rwd/default/js/plumrocket/popuplogin/popup.js
For Magento Enterprise Edition backup the following files and folders:
/app/design/frontend/enterprise/default/template/popuplogin/* /skin/frontend/base/enterprise/css/plumrocket/popuplogin/popup.css /skin/frontend/base/enterprise/images/plumrocket/popuplogin/* /skin/frontend/base/enterprise/js/plumrocket/popuplogin/popup.js
You can also move the folders with the files you’ve modified into the according folders of your theme:
/app/design/frontend/YOUR_THEME/default/template/popuplogin/* /skin/frontend/YOUR_THEME/default/css/plumrocket/popuplogin/popup.css /skin/frontend/YOUR_THEME/default/images/plumrocket/popuplogin/* /skin/frontend/YOUR_THEME/default/js/plumrocket/popuplogin/popup.js
Once in a while there will be new versions of extensions available for download. In order to download the updated version of extension please follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Enter the site https://plumrocket.com under your account.
- Select “My Account” in the menu . (To open this page you have to log in first)
- Select “My Downloads” in the menu.
- Press on the “Download” link to download the latest version of your extension.
- If you need to download one of the previous versions of your extension or to check the change logs, please, press on the “Release archive” link.
- In the “Release Archive” section you can see the list of available versions, read the change logs and download one of the previous versions.
Updating Magento Extension Manually
To update this Magento Popup Login Extension, please unpack the archive as it is shown below.
- This is an original archive with the extension files to be unpacked.
- This is the unpacked catalog of the files.
In order to perform FULL update of Magento Popup Login Extension, please do the Step 1 and Step 2 below:
- In the extracted folder navigate inside “step1” directory and upload its content into your store root.
Use any FTP-client to upload the files to the server (as an example we used the FileZilla FTP-client).
- This is your client side. You will see the unpacked catalog containing Magento Popup Login Extension here.
- This is your root directory on the server side. The files should be uploaded here.
- All the files have to be uploaded to the server. Select the files and click the right mouse button.
- Choose the “Upload” option for these files.
- In the extracted folder navigate inside “step2” directory and upload its content into your store root.
- This is your client side. You will see the unpacked catalog containing the extension.
- This is your root directory on server side. This is where the files should be uploaded.
- All the files must be uploaded to the server. Select files and press the right mouse button.
- Select the “Upload” option for these files.
The screenshot below shows possible notification that can appear when you upload the files. If there are identical files on the server, they should be overwritten. Below you can check detailed instructions on how to overwrite the files (while using the FileZilla FTP-client):
- If you receive the “Target file already exists” notification from your FTP-client, please, check the instructions below.
- From the list of the suggested actions select the “Overwrite” radio button to overwrite files.
- In order to save the settings – select the “Always use this action” check box, and then check the “Apply to current queue only” ?heck box.
- Press “OK”.
Clear Magento Cache
When Magento Popup Login Extension is updated, you need to clear Magento cache. In order to do this, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Admin Panel -> “System” tab.
- Select “Cache Management” section.
- Press the “Flush Magento Cache” button.
When the extension is updated successfully, you can enable the Magento compilation. Note: You don’t have to enable compilation if it was disabled prior to extension updating. Please follow the steps outlined in this Wiki article if you decide to run the compilation.
Sign-out and Sign-in back to Admin Panel. Then you will see the installed Magento Popup Login extension as shown below. For more information on the Extension’s preview and settings visit our “Configuration” section.
- Click on “Plumrocket”.
- If there is “Popup Login” tab in the list, it means that the Popup Login Module from Plumrocket Inc. has been successfully installed.
Next Step > Configuring and Enabling Popup Login Extension