In this article, we will show you how to enable the Template Path Hints option in your Magento. This is sometimes required if you’re not sure which template on your server corresponds to the element on the frontend.
As the result, after this option is activated in your Magento – you will be able to see the paths to the files on your server for each and every template on the page. Please follow the instructions below to learn how this developer option can be enabled.
- Login to your Magento Admin Panel.
- In the main menu select System. Click on Configuration.
- Select the Current Configuration Scope that you want to enable template path hints at.
- Scroll all the way to Advanced tab and locate the Developer section.
- Go to the Debug tab.
- Set the Template Path Hints option to Yes.
- Press the Save Config button to change your settings.
- Now go to your Magento frontend and select the same configuration scope you selected in the backend.
- You will see that now every element on the has a corresponding path to the file (template) on your server.