You can implement DHL shipment tracking in your Magento 2 store in a few steps with the Magento 2 Order Status & Shipping Tracking extension. Please follow this detailed guide to get access to the tracking API and integrate it with your Magento store.
Requesting DHL Shipment Tracking API Credentials
Register with the developer.dhl.com portal or log in if you already have an account.
- Go to the My Apps section in the footer of the website.
- Click + Create App to create an application.
- Provide the name of the app and an internal description if necessary.
- Select the Shipment Tracking – Unified API’s name from the drop-down.
- Add this API to the app by clicking the + icon.
- Finish by clicking Create App.
- The success message will appear saying that the app was successfully created. Click on the app name to view its details and credentials.
- Copy your API key necessary to set up the integration in the Magento admin panel.
Please note that you get 250 API requests per day. If you have a big eCommerce store and you need more shipment tracking requests – click Upgrade Rate Limit and fill out the request form.
Configuring Magento 2 DHL Shipment Tracking Integration
In your Magento admin panel, go to Plumrocket > Order Status and Shipping Tracking > Configuration, and scroll down to the DHL Tracking API.
- “Enable“: set it to Yes to enable the DHL tracking in your Magento 2 store.
- Paste your DHL API Key acquired in the previous step.
- Click Test Connection. A success message will appear if the API connection is set up correctly.
- Click Save Config to apply your configurations.
The Magento 2 DHL integration is now successfully set up. To make sure everything is working properly, use our documentation to test shipping APIs.