You can implement Canada Post shipment tracking in your Magento 2 store in a few steps with the Magento 2 Order Status & Shipping Tracking extension. Please follow this detailed guide to get access to the tracking API and integrate it with your Magento store.
Acquiring Canada Post API Credentials
First, you need to create the Canada Post business profile.
- Go to the canadapost-postescanada.ca website and Sign In or Register.
- Click Create business profile to proceed.
To sign up, you can provide your existing customer number by entering your Canada Post customer number and Postal Code, or click Sign up for customer number if you don’t have one, and fill out the registration form.
- Once your business account is created, go to Business > E-commerce > Integrate with our APIs in the top menu to join the Developer Program and access the APIs.
- Click Go to Developer Program and then Join Now. Read and accept the terms and conditions of the Program to become a member.
- Your API keys will be displayed. You can access them at any time on the main Developer Program page.
Use the Development API Key to conduct your testing in the sandbox (development) mode. Otherwise, you will be billed for shipments and orders submitted in the production environment.
Configuring Magento 2 Canada Post Shipment Tracking Integration
In your Magento admin panel, go to Plumrocket > Order Status and Shipping Tracking > Configuration, and scroll down to the Canada Post Tracking API.
- “Enable“: set to Yes to enable the Canada Post tracking in your Magento 2 store.
- Set the Sandbox Mode to Yes for testing or No for the live environment. Make sure to provide the appropriate API credentials (Username and Password) for each environment.
- Paste your Canada Post API Key Username and Password acquired in the previous step.
- Click Test Connection. A success message will appear if the API connection is set up correctly.
- Click Save Config to apply your configurations.
The Magento 2 Canada Post tracking integration is now successfully set up. To make sure everything is working properly, use our documentation to test shipping APIs.