Here you will learn how to easily remove Google Customer Reviews Extension for Magento 2 using two methods – via Composer or Automated Removal Script.
You can choose one of the following two methods to remove the extension from your Magento 2 store:
Remove Extension via Composer
In order to remove your Magento 2 Google Customer Reviews extension via Composer, open the console (SSH terminal) and follow commands:
1. In the terminal, switch to your Magento 2 root directory using the command:
where “FULL_PATH_TO_YOUR_MAGENTO2” is the path to your Magento 2 folder on your server.
2. Disable the extension:
php bin/magento module:disable Plumrocket_GoogleCustomerReviews
3. Remove the extension:
composer remove plumrocket/google-customer-reviews --no-update
4. Run the next three Magento 2 commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:di:compile php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
After running these commands, the extension should be uninstalled successfully. A similar message should be displayed in your console as displayed below:
5. Below you will find the SQL command designed to delete all extension information from the database:
DELETE FROM core_config_data WHERE `path` LIKE 'pr_google_customer_reviews/%';
6. Clear Magento Cache:
php bin/magento cache:flush
At this point, the Magento 2 Google Customer Reviews extension has been successfully removed from your server.
Automated Extension Removal Script
In order to remove this module by means of a script, please:
1. Download the remove_plumrocket_extensions_for_magento2.zip archive and unpack it.
2. Upload it to the root directory of the site as it is shown below:
- It is your client side. You will see your module removal script file.
- This is your root directory on server side. This is where the file should be uploaded to.
- All the files must be uploaded to the server. Select the file and press the right button of your mouse.
- Select the Upload option in order to upload the file to the server.
3. Please, enter the script path into your browser’s address bar and follow this address. The path format is:
where “your-domain” is the name of your domain.
The screenshot below shows the page that will appear after you run the universal uninstall script:
- In the window opened, you will see the Remove button next to the “Plumrocket_GoogleCustomerReviews” title. In order to remove an extension, press the Remove button.
- If you see the “Extension removed successfully” message, this means that Magento 2 Google Customer Reviews Extension has been removed successfully.
- After you finish, please make sure to remove the uninstall script from your server.
At this point, Magento 2 Google Customer Reviews extension has been successfully removed from your server.