It often happens that a Magento Private Sales site offers similar goods which differ only in some attributes. For instance, a male shirt available in different colors and sizes. Our Private Sales Script provides the possibility to set the same product with different attributes, making it even more flexible and universal.
- This option is set according to the customer’s needs and can be customized depending to his/her needs and website purpose.
Imagine that you want to sell a necklace available in two colors. Watch screenshots below to see a detailed step-by-step tutorial.
Products management menu
To add a product, you will have to move to the Products Management page.
- Press the “Catalog” tab in the menu.
- Select “Manage Products”.
Adding a Product
To add the same product with different attributes, follow these guidelines.
- Press the button “Add Product”.
Select the following Attribute Settings and the Type of Product.
- Field “Attribute Set”: Choose the “color”.
- Field “Product Type”: Set “Configurable Product” options.
- Press “Continue” button.
- Check the option “Color” (or other properties, which may be in future).
- Press “Continue” button.
Later you will have to add a product following the guidelines from Step 6: Adding products to boutique. To do this follow all the guidelines from General Information Tab to Categories Tab included.Only then will you be able to switch to the guidelines from the next section (“Categories Tab”) on this page.
Move to “Categories” tab.Set the Boutique the product belongs to.
- Click on the “Categories” tab in the left menu.
- Tick the checkbox in the boutique the product belongs to.
- Press “Save and Continue Edit” button.
Associated Products Tab
Move to “Associated Products” tab and fill the following fields.
- Click on the “Associated Products” tab in the left menu.
- Select Tab “Quick simple product creation”.
- Field “Weight”: Enter weight value for item.
- Field “Status”: Set “Enabled”.
- Field “Visibility”: Choose “Not Visible Individually” value.
- Field “Color”: Choose item color. For example: Yellow.
- Field “Qty”: Enter quantity of items.
- Option “Stock Avaibility”: Set “In Stock”.
- Press “Quick Create” button.
To add more attributes of the product, follow these steps:
- Tick the checkbox in the created attribute (In our case, it means the yellow color).
- Press “Save” button.
To add one more product with a different attribute (in our example it is color), you have to select the product from the list on the Product List Page and repeat the guidelines from 7. Associated Products Tab (this is where you have to set a new color) and Step 8 “Save attribute”.
The new product will appear in the Product List of Admin Dashboard.
Below you can see what the product will look like in the front-end.
- You can choose the desired attribute here. In our case it is the color of the product. Note, in order to add the product to the cart, you should select the required value.
Setting additional attributes of products
You can set additional attributes of products here. These attributes will later be used by the Product Filter module to filter the products.
- Click on the “Custom Options” tab in the left menu.
- Press “Add New Option” , in order to add a new attribute.
- Option “Title”: requires you to enter the type of attribute. For instance, “Colors”.
- Option “Input Type”: Select Drop-down.
- Press “Add New Row” , in order to add a new value of the attribute.
- Option “Title”: requires you to enter the title of the value. For instance “red”, “blue” for the attribute “Color”.
- Press “Save” to save the settings and add a new product.
This is what the product will look like in the front-end after the additional attributed have been added:
- This is where you can choose the desired attribute for the product you want to order