It often happens that a Private Sales Store offers similar goods which differ only in some attributes. For instance, a male shirt available in different colors and sizes. Our Private Sales Script provides the possibility to set the same product with different attributes, making it even more flexible and universal.
- This option is set according to the customer’s needs and can be customized depending to his/her needs and website purpose.
Imagine that you want to sell a JACKET available in two colors. Watch video and screenshots below to see a detailed step-by-step tutorial.
Video Tutorial: How to set up the same product with different attributes
Products management menu
To add a product, you will have to move to the Products Management page.
- Press the “CATALOG” tab in the menu
- Select “MANAGE PRODUCTS”
Adding a Product
To add the same product with different attributes, follow these guidelines.
- Press the button “ADD PRODUCT”
Select the following Attribute Settings and the Type of Product
- Field “Attribute Set”: Choose the “COLOR”
- Field “Product Type”: Set “CONFIGURABLE PRODUCTS” options
- Press “CONTINUE” button
- Check the option “COLOR” (or other properties, which may be in future)
- Press “CONTINUE” button
Later you will have to add a product following the guidelines form Step 5: Adding products to boutique. To do this follow all the guidelines from 5 to 11 included, i.e. from 5. General Information Tab to 11. Website Tab.Only then you will be able to switch to the guidelines from next section (“Categories Tab”) on this page.
Move to “CATEGORIES” tabSet the Boutique the product belongs to.
- Click on the “CATEGORIES” tab in the left menu
- Tick the checkbox in the boutique the product belongs to
- Press “SAVE and CONTINUE EDIT” button
Associated Products Tab
Move to “ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS” tab and fill the following fields
- Click on the “ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS” tab in the left menu
- Field “Weight”: Enter weight value for item
- Field “Status”: Set “Enabled”
- Field “Visibility”: Choose “Not Visible Individually” value
- Field “Color”: Choose item color. For example: GREEN
- Field “Qty”: Enter quantity of items
- Press “QUICK CREATE” button
To add more attributes of the product, follow these steps:
- Tick the checkbox in the created attribute (In our case, it means the green color)
- Press “SAVE” button
To add one more product with a different attribute (in our example it is color), you have to select the product from the list on the Product List Page and repeat the guidelines from 8. Associated Products Tab (this is where you have to set a new color) and Step 9 “Save attribute”.
The new product will appear in the Product List of Admin Dashboard