In this article, you will learn how to perform Magento 2 inline translation.
First, make sure you have different Store Views for different languages. Then, you need to enable inline translation in the Magento 2 backend and translate elements in the frontend. Please follow the quick guide below to correctly perform Magento 2 inline translation.
- Go to Store in your Magento 2 Admin Panel.
- Select Configuration section in the Settings tab.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Select Developer section.
- Select the Store View you need to perform your translation on.
- Enable inline translation.
- Translate, blocks and other output caches should be disabled for both Storefront and Admin inline translations.
- Press on the Save Config button to save your changes.
Once you set configurations in your Magento 2 backend, you can start the translation at your frontend.
- Select the required language from the drop-down menu (e.g. German).
- Select an element on the page you need to translate and the translation form will open.
- Input the translated text into the Custom field.
- Press Submit to save the translation.
Please make sure to refresh the page after you’ve submitted your translation.