Configuring Magento 2 Data Feed Generator Extension
In this article you will learn how to properly configure the generation of the data feeds with Magento 2 Data Feed Generator Extension.
- Go to the “Plumrocket” tab in the main menu.
- Select “Data Feed Generator”.
- Select “Configuration” section.
- Use “Enable Extension” option to enable or disable Magento 2 Data Feed Generator Extension.
- “Serial Key”: enter unique serial key provided to you after the purchase. Note: In most cases this field will be pre-filled with serial key automatically and the green check mark will be displayed. In order to find and enter your serial key manually, please read “Serial Key Activation” article.
- Click on the “Save Config” button to save your settings .
Data Feed Management
Please, check the guide below in order to manage your data feed list.
- Go to “Plumrocket” tab in the main menu.
- Select “Manage Data Feed List” section.
- Check the list of available data feeds and select one you need to edit.
- Press “Add New Data Feed” button to create new data feed.
When you choose one of the options above you will be able to manage the data feed in the “Edit” tab. Please, check the guide below on how to configure it correctly.
- Go to “General” settings tab.
- “Select Template” option allows you to select one of the available data feed templates or create your custom data feed from scratch using “blank document” template. Choose among available templates: “AvantLink Data Feed”, “Yipit Data Feed”, “HasOffers Data Feed”, “Post Affiliate Pro Data Feed”, “Commission Junction Data Feed”, “TradeDoubler Data Feed” etc.
- “Data Feed Type” field allows you to select products or categories to be included into your data feed.
- Enter name of the data feed or edit the existing one in the “Name” field.
- In the “URL key” field specify the data feed url.
- Select the store view where the data feed will be generated and used in the “Store View” field.
- In this field specify the number of items. Leave “0” or empty, if the number of items is unlimited.
- In the “Cache Life Time (seconds)” field you can set the cache life time for this particular Data feed. In order to disable caching for this data feed, set cache life time to “0”.
- In the “Status” field you may enable or disable this data feed.
In order to use tags while configuring the template of your data feed, please, read Data Feed Generator Tags article.
Now you can configure the template of your data feed.
- Go to the “Filters” tab.
- Set the conditions of the filter rules in order to include (or exclude) specific products and categories in the data feed.
- Go to the “Template Editor” tab.
- In the “Header” field enter the code that will be used as a root tag for Magento xml product feed or category feed.
- In the ” Item Element” set the xml structure, based on it the item information will be displayed in the data feed.
- Use tags to speed up and simplify the process of writing the code.
- In the “Footer” field enter the closing tag of your data feed code.
- Press on the “Save Data Feed” button to save your changes.
In order to configure the ShareASale for the Category, follow these steps.
- In the main menu navigate to the “Products” tab > go to the “Categories” section.
- In the “Commission type” drop-down, admin can select one of the following commission types for this category: Inherited from Parent Category , Percentage , or Flat amount .
- In this field you can select the ShareASale Category .
In order to configure the ShareASale for the Product, follow these steps.
- In the main menu navigate to the “Products” tab > go to the “Catalog” section.
- In the “Commission type” drop-down admin can select one of the following commission types for this product: Inherited from Parent Category , Percentage , Flat amount .
- In this field you can select the ShareASale Category.
This is how the Magento 2 Data Feed Extension generates data feed on the frontend.
- This is the link to access the Data Feed page.
- This is the xml structure created by means of Magento 2 Data Feed Generator.