Configuring Magento 2 Cart Reservation
In this article you will learn how to correctly configure your Magento 2 Cart Reservation Extension.
In the main menu go to “Plumrocket” tab > select “Cart Reservation” extension > navigate to “Configuration” section.
- Enable Extension: Select “Yes” to enable the extension or “No” to disable it.
- Option “Serial Key”: enter unique serial key provided after the purchase for legitimate and proper functioning of your extension. Note: In most cases this field will be pre-filled with serial key automatically and the green check mark will be displayed. Otherwise please read article Serial Key Activation in order to find and paste your serial key manually.
- “Store Timer Mode”: this option allows you to specify, if the user should have a global timer for the cart and checkout, or two separate timers.
- ‘ “Enable Reservation For”: this option allows admin to set the group of customers the reservation will be enabled for: “All users” or “Registered Customers Only” .
- “Shopping Cart Timer Mode”: this option allows you to specify, if the user should have a global timer for all items in the cart, or a separate timer for each item.
- “When Countdown Timer Ends”: set the action when the countdown timer ends. Admin can choose to “Keep the products in cart” , or “Remove product(s) from cart” .
- “Cart Reservation Time”: specify the time amount for the cart reservation.
- “Checkout Timer Behavior”: allows you to set the behavior of the timer on the checkout page. If the “Restart Countdown” option is selected, each time a user visits the Checkout Page – the checkout timer will restart from the beginning. If the “Continue Countdown” option is selected, the checkout timer will continue countdown from the same timing where the checkout page was left.
- “Checkout Reservation Time”: specify the checkout reservation time.
- “Checkout Timer Display”: select whether you need to hide or show the checkout timer.
- ‘“Global Timer Format”: this option allows to set the format of the global timers for the mini cart, shopping cart and checkout page.
- “Separate Timer Format”: allows to set the format of the mini cart and shopping cart timer for each individual item.
- “Product Page Timer Format”: this option allows to set the format of minicart and shopping cart item timers.
Enabling Cart Reservation for a Category
Follow the steps below to set the reservation status for a separate Magento category.
- Go to the main menu, “Products” tab > “Categories”, and select the required category.
- Navigate to the “Cart Reservation Status” and choose the relevant status for this category: “Enabled”, “Disabled” or “Inherited” .
- Press the “Save” button to save your changes.
Enabling Cart Reservation for a Product
Follow the steps below to set the status for a separate Magento product.
- In the main menu go to the “Products” tab > “Catalog”, and select the required product.
- Navigate to the “Cart Reservation Status” and choose the relevant status for this product: “Enabled”, “Disabled” or “Inherited” .
- Save your changes by pressing the “Save” button.
Adding and Reserving Products in the Magento Admin Panel
- Go to the “Sales” tab > select “Orders” > press “Create Order”.
- This is a notification informing that the particular product quantity has been reserved by customer(s).Thus the admin knows how many products are available, and has priority to take away the reserved products, and add them to the created order.