Configuring Search Autocomplete and Suggest
Here you will learn how to correctly configure Magento Search Autocomplete and Suggest plugin. To do this, please follow the instructions below.
- Press “Plumrocket” tab in the menu.
- Select “Search Autocomplete and Suggest” module.
- Enable Extension: allows you to enable or disable our Search Autocomplete and Suggest extension.
- Option “Serial Key”: enter unique serial key provided after the purchase for legitimate and proper functioning of your extension. Note: In most cases this field will be pre-filled with serial key automatically and the green check mark will be displayed. Otherwise please read article Serial Key Activation in order to find and paste your serial key manually.
- Column “Priority | Searchable Product Attributes”: here you set the priority of searchable attributes by dragging them up or down. The searchable attributes will be used in the search process.
- In order to select the needed attributes – just drag the from the “All Attributes” column, and drop them into “Priority | Searchable Attributes” column.
- Option “Search By Tags”: allows to you to enable or disable search by tags.
- Option “Category Filter”: lets you display “filter by category” section on the frontend.
- Option “Hidden Categories in Filter”: here you can select what categories will be hidden from the customer. Note : hidden categories will still remain searchable.
- Make sure to reindex Catalog Search Index if you need the changes to be applied immediately after you saved configuration.
- “Query Delay”: this option allows you to set the delay time before the search suggestions section appears.
- Option “Search Condition”: here you can select appropriate search condition. Possible options are: “All words must be present”, “At least one word must be present”.
- Section “Additional Settings”: Your native magento catalog search settings and stock options will be displayed in this section. Using the “Edit” link you can access these settings direclty.
- Option “Display Product Suggestions”: allows you to display the product suggestions section.
- “Max. Number of Suggestions”: this option lets you specify the maximum number of suggestions that will be displayed in the product suggestions section.
- Option “Show Thumbnails”: allows you to display thumbnail images of your products.
- Option “Show Price”: lets you display the prices of items in the product suggestions section.
- “Show Rating”: this option allows you to display the ratings of your products.
- Option “Show Short Description”: you can display short items description in the product suggestions section.
- Option “Max. Length of Short Description”: here you can specify the maximum length of the items short description.
- Option “Display Category Suggestions”: allows you to display category suggestions section on the frontend.
- “Max. Number of Category Suggestions”: this option lets you specify the maximum number of category suggestions.
- Option “Display Keywords Suggestion”: lets you to display keyword suggestions section.
- Option “Max.Number of Keyword Suggestions”: here you can specify the maximum number of keyword suggestions.
Here’s how these sections will look like on your frontend once enabled.
- If enabled, this is how your product suggestions section will look like.
- This section will display the category suggestions to your customers.
- This is how your keyword suggestions section will be displayed.
- If enabled, this is how your category filter section will look like.