Video Tutorial: How To Create One Product
Products management menu
To add a product, you will have to move to the Products Management page.
- Press the “CATALOG” tab in the menu
- Select “MANAGE PRODUCTS”
Adding a Product
To add a product to the newly created boutique, follow these guidelines.
- Press “ADD PRODUCT” button
Select the following Attribute Settings and the Product Type
- Field “Attribute Set”: Choose the “DEFAULT”
- Field “Product Type”: Set “SIMPLE PRODUCT” options
- Press “CONTINUE” button
General Information Tab
Fill in the fields:
- Field “Name”: Enter Product name
- Field “Description”: Enter product description
- Field “Short Description”: Provide short description
- Field “SKU”: Enter a unique identifier for product E.g. dress1
- Field “Weight”: Weight of product
- Field “Status”: Set “Enabled”
- Field “Visibility”: Set “Catalog, Search”
- Click on the “PRICE” tab in the left menu
Move to “PRICE” tab and fill the following fields
- Field “Price”: Enter regular retail price for item
- Field “Special Price”: Enter price for members
- Field “Tax Class”: Choose “Taxable goods” value
- Click on the “IMAGES” tab in the left menu
Move to “IMAGE” tab and choose the images for product
- Use “Browse File” button to choose images for product
The images used in our script vary in sizes, depending on the website design (template).Still, to avoid possible problems we suggest choosing a definite image format for every website.For instance, in our Demo Store we used the following parameters:
- Recommended Product Image size: 720?1012px.
- Press the “Upload Files” button to upload images for product
Product Images for the main page
Choose the images of products that will be shown on the main page
- Radio button for “Base Image”: Choose the main image that will be shown on the product page
- Radio button for “Small Image”: Choose the image of the product that will be shown on the Product list page of the boutique
- Radio button for “Thumbnail”: Choose the image that will be be shown on the Cart page
In our case, we used the same image of a product for all options, but you can choose different images for your products.
Move to “INVENTORY” tab
Fill in the following fields:
- Click on the “INVENTORY” tab in the left menu
- Field “Qty”: Enter Item Quantity
- Field “Use Config Settings”: Uncheck this field if you want to manage quantity in shopping cart
- Field “Minimum Qty Allowed in Shopping Cart”: You can enter max. number of items allowed in cart
- Field “Stock Availability”: Choose “In Stock” value.
Move to “WEBSITE” tab and set checkbox as shown on the screenshot
- Click on the “WEBSITES” tab in the left menu
- Set the checkbox as shown on the screenshot
Move to “CATEGORIES” tabSet the Boutique the product belongs to.
- Click on the “CATEGORIES” tab in the left menu
- Tick the checkbox in the boutique the product belongs to
- Press “SAVE” button
The new product will appear in the Product List of Admin Dashboard
View the product on the Product Page
The new product will also appear on the Product Page of the Store where you will be able to look through its description as shown on the screenshots below.
Next Step > Step 6: Editing static pages (About us, FAQ, etc…)